How well do you know RUGBY?
Did you know?…
- MHS Rugby is in its 7th season at the High School.
- MHS Rugby offers an MS Boys and Girls tackle team, 5th/6th-grade, Co-ed flag team and a 3rd/4th-grade team that is comprised of boys and girls from the Medina city elementary and middle schools.
- Rugby is a SPRING sport at Medina.
- Rugby does not conflict with offseason Football workout programs.
- MHS has produced 8 full scholarship players to further their education and rugby career.
- Tiger Olympic Development Academy hosted a summer rugby camp at MHS.
- MHS Boys have made the state rugby playoffs 6 out of its 7 seasons, MHS Girls played in the DII State Championship last season, and the Medina Boys MS team won the city championship in 2016!
- MHS has produced 9 ALL OHIO Athletes and 1 ALL AMERICAN.
- Rugby teaches a transferable skill set to Football, Soccer, Wrestling, Hockey, and Basketball.
- ALL MHS Ruggers get a chance to run, kick, pass the ball, and Tackle too!
- Rugby is NOT football without pads, the rules in place make it a safer game then football and there are stats that prove fewer injuries occur on the pitch vs the gridiron.
- There is no “I” in MEDINA RUGBY and “1t Take5 all Fifteen”
- MHS Rugby has the LOWEST pay to play cost for all the sports offered at the school. PAY TO PLAY SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE!
- MHS Rugby has been Developing Championship individuals since 2011.
Some interesting facts about the sport of Rugby:
- Played in over 120 countries throughout the world. Second largest sport in the world.
- Men and women, boys and girls play by the same rules. • There are both non-contact and contact versions of the game, making it appropriate for all age levels.
- Rugby is all-inclusive – Everyone can play no matter what size, shape, or athletic ability!
- Rugby is a sport that involves cardiovascular endurance, strength, agility, and so many other health benefits.
- Rugby is a great cross-over sport, with many of the same skills that can be found in other sports like basketball, football, soccer, and many more!
- Rugby 7’s is an Olympic sport and was included in the 2016 Olympic Games, increasing the popularity of the sport for both boys and girls.